Wednesday, September 25, 2019

GROWTH MINDSET

I never heard of the growth mindset before but if I'm looking back on myself and peers i can recognise the effects of having a growth mindset on learning and on your work.

Personally to me it would depend on my interest in learning the subject or to get better at something. Like if i really like something, such as how i enjoy doing web development/design, it doesn't matter if I'm good at it or not I'm just doing it and growing with it because in enjoying it. whereas if I'm not enjoying something I won't feel as easy going with it and may feel stressed and "stuck" like i can't do any better because i won't put as much effort in inevitably.

I've learnt normally when i learn new things initially I'm very exited at the thought of being the best at it and doing well without thinking about the process of getting there. so eventually when i hit a tough spot in learning this new thing i tend to panic and think about giving up for a split second before i get back into it and try harder and so on..
Image from Cheezburger
* "do you think you'll be interested in learning more about the growth mindset this semester?"

I don't see what more there is to learn without it getting too tedious and boring i like to keep things short and sweet this was very informative but i didn't enjoy listening to that woman talk the only reason i liked it was because of the RSA animation in all honesty i found it very clear and helpful!

My personal learning goals for this semester would be to maximise my attention span, i tend to zone out when I'm tired so I'm looking into making sure I'm well rested and on top of my work load so i don't burn out too quickly. 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the Growth Mindset activities will give you idea to improve your attention span. Hope you enjoy the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I agree, it's much easier to maintain a growing mindset when you enjoy a subject, even if you're not good at it! Coincidentally, web development and design are my favorite subjects too, even though I might not be the best at it. Also agree with the last part of your blog, I would love to maximize my attention span as I'll need it for all my subjects!!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback Strategies

link Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset In this article they talk about how thinking of your fee...