Sunday, October 13, 2019

GAME IDEA RESEARCH

So to start off, here is what I was previously researching to do with my game ideas:

Computer role playing game
Platform game
Racing game
Shooter game

Im choosing to further research and develop ideas for a platform game as i have played these sort of games growing up and have a better understanding of them rather than choosing a game i would have less experience on.
I like the idea of doing a single screen platform game like games such as Donkey Kong.

So Typically the objectives for that game is to climb to the top while avoiding the barrels and enimies.

once the single screen objective is complete the player moves on to a different screen or stays on the same screen, but in both cases, the objective and goals for that next screen typically become more challenging.





My idea for a single screen:

I was thinking of a game where the player controls a mouse with a gun and they are tying to collect cheese at the highest platform while avoiding roaming cats by jumping over them or shooting and climbing up to the next platform.

Game Mechanics i could use:

Physics: The player falls when they miss a jump or is killed by a enemy.

Tactical manuvering: The player has to jump to avoid enemies.

Level remains locked until a player successfully completes the previous level: The player will only advance to a harder level when they reach the top of the game map.




2 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa,

    Your game idea is brilliant! I like the sound of it and I think if it's done right it could be a great game!

    I'd like to hear more on your character design. I assume that the character is a mouse or rat that is trying to avoid the enemy cats. I don't think I've heard or a similar game concept before, so congratulations for originality!

    I can't wait to play your game and see how it progresses.

    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Melissa, your Game Idea for yourself looks honestly rather nice. I admire the idea of basing a game off of how Donkey Kong was made by using just one screen to display the game to the player. I think if given enough time and focus, this game can be really well made and be a lot of fun to play on top of that. I wish you well with your game.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback Strategies

link Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset In this article they talk about how thinking of your fee...